Are you a parent with a child who…
Is 18-36 months old
Speaks English at home
Is developing typically
Researchers in the LEARN Lab at Northwestern are studying a new mobile phone app that encourages children’s language development. You can help by being part of a study.
What does the study involve?
- Download a free app on your phone
- Follow daily tips from the app for short language activities with your child
- Complete online questions about your child’s vocabulary
- Participate in two video calls where we will ask questions about your child’s development and record them while they talk
What do I receive?
- Families receive up to $95 in Visa or Target gift cards for participating. This can be done from any location via video chat.
- Or, you and your child may be invited to come visit us in person at our Chicago or Evanston locations to complete language activities. For completing these visits, you will receive up to $250 in Visa or Target gift cards.
To learn more or enroll, please email LEARNLab@northwestern.edu or call 847-868-2255.
This research is being conducted by lead researcher Elizabeth Norton and the LEARN Lab at Northwestern University. This study was reviewed by the Northwestern University IRB (STU# 00205376).